If you want to simplify support and get better performance from your infrastructure at lower cost, these are the tough questions you should ask your vendors about their support plans.
- Can you support a multi-vendor environment?
- Can you support multiple technologies?
- Do you offer a single contract to cover all assets?
- Is diagnosis time included in your SLA?
- Can you provide support in numerous local languages?
- Do you apply patches and configure replacement equipment for us?
- Do you stay on site until service is restored?
- Do you invoice in all our local currencies?
- Can you offer a single management portal giving me visibility of my whole estate?
- Can I vary the level of service on certain assets if they’re mission critical?
- Do you keep an archive of all our configurations settings to speed up restoration?
- Do you use automation tools to perform MACDs faster and more accurately?
- Do you proactively find the root cause of problems to avoid future incidents?
- Will you keep configuration items up to date with version updates and patches?
- Will you co-ordinate with any third parties on our behalf?
- Will you provide a senior engineer who knows our environment to act as an escalation point?
- Will you do proactive polling to avert availability and capacity issues?
- Do you provide a Service Delivery Executive to handle operational and commercial issues?
- Do you offer automated asset tracking and analytics to improve configuration management and patching?
- Can you integrate your service management system with ours and all the other vendors in our estate for automated ticket exchange?
- Can you give us a roadmap for service evolution as we move towards a totally programmable hybrid IT environment?
Post a Comment