Two Beer Networking - SDWAN Kills Carriers
I think that SD-WAN could totally change the carrier market, in a destructive way, that is good for customers.
- MPLS revenue for Private WAN is already declining
- SD-WAN disrupts the router vendors who have cosy arrangements with carriers (their best customers) by producing devices that don't damage carriers revenue. Is that why startups developed SD-WAN and not Cisco or Juniper ?
- Multi-carrier networks create arbitrage opportunities that reduce cost of bandwidth by more than 50%. Now that is a "disruptive" technology!
- Why are we stuck with dumb routers on dumb bandwidth paying dumb prices ?
- Carriers are hopeless at customer service. Do you really believe that they could manage your firewalls, proxies, QOS etc ? Pfffftttt. Thats why I think carrier NFV is dumb.
- Customers hate carriers. It could be time for customers to get even.