Skip to main content

The power of SD-WAN

While working for a network operator one of the things I realised was that of all the network outages which the Network Operations Centre (NOC) had to deal with, 80% of them were related to power. This is related to the CPE losing its power either from a trip, cabling being unplugged, or utility side outage. Of the remaining 20% of network outages, 80% are resolved by recycling the on premise networking kit. This implies only 4% of networking outages actually involve troubleshooting. However, in SDWAN development, vendors concentrate all of their efforts in that 4% and ignore the other 96%.

Read the article over at LinkedIn here.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/my-top-10-posts-pulse-ronald-bartels/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

easywall - Web interface for easy use of the IPTables firewall on Linux systems written in Python3.

Firewalls are becoming increasingly important in today’s world. Hackers and automated scripts are constantly trying to invade your system and use it for Bitcoin mining, botnets or other things. To prevent these attacks, you can use a firewall on your system. IPTables is the strongest firewall in Linux because it can filter packets in the kernel before they reach the application. Using IPTables is not very easy for Linux beginners. We have created easywall - the simple IPTables web interface . The focus of the software is on easy installation and use. Access this neat software over on github: easywall

No Scrubs: The Architecture That Made Unmetered Mitigation Possible

When building a DDoS mitigation service it’s incredibly tempting to think that the solution is scrubbing centers or scrubbing servers. I, too, thought that was a good idea in the beginning, but experience has shown that there are serious pitfalls to this approach. Read the post of at Cloudflare's blog: N o Scrubs: The Architecture That Made Unmetered Mitigation Possible

Should You Buy A UniFi Dream Machine, USG, USG Pro, or Dream Machine Pro?