Why there will always be a higher rate of major incidents on Cisco based networks
- Largest range of Operating Systems supported in a single release.
- Single, high performance, ‘UniDrivers’ for PCI and PC Card adapters. This means that for most operating systems, a single driver supports Madge Token-Ring adapters.
- Microsoft ‘signed & certified’ drivers for Windows XP, 2000, Windows ME and NT4
- Enhanced server support: NetWare, PCI Hot Plug, Adapter Mirroring
- Support for legacy OS/2 & DOS NDIS environments
- Support for Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and MAC OS
- Upgraded and Updated installation and configuration utilities
- Supports advanced features of Madge adapters, such as ACPI power management and Wake-On-LAN.
- Adapter mirroring for Windows and NetWare increasing server resilience and fault tolerance.
As a result, they pay premium prices, and create unnecessary complexity which can impact performance, security, reliability and TCO.
On reliability alone, it’s no secret that software complexity (multiple versions of IOS, features you don’t use, and resulting config errors) is a major contributor to failures."