Grading the resouces involved in major incidents
- Identification and business impact – have the resources correctly identified the major incident and described in the correct level of detail what happened. Has the correct service impacted been identified from the service catalogue? Was the business impact obtained or measured?
- Conditions – what were the business, IT or environmental conditions present during the incident and did the resources describe these to a suitable level of detail.
- Expanded Incident Lifecycle – are all the times in the expanded incident lifecycle recorded and are they realistic. Were these recorded in the incident reference at the service desk.
- Resolution/ Workaround – how suitable was the resolution and was a workaround implemented to reduce the time the service was unavailable.
- Classification – have the resources correctly classified the impact to the company and was the incident handled with the correct level of prioritization.
- Outage – have the resources recorded and classified the outage times correctly.
- Risk – has a suitable risk assessment of the service, asset and process been conducted?
- Escalations/ Communications – did the resources escalate the incident and was communicate during the process suitable.
Read further about the MIP process here.