SDQ - Service Delivery Quadrants
- Two dimensional FCAPS (derived from Welcher)
- ITIL’s expanded incident lifecycle
- Toyota’s TPS problem solving method
- (O) Outages
- (P) Performance
- (A) Accounting
- (C) Configuration
- (S) Security
- Performance and Configuration is swapped. This enables the model to be better logically sequenced.
- Faults is renamed to outages. Outages can be either blackouts, brownouts or whiteouts.
Another of Cisco’s box of tricks worthy of mention is Netflow. Netflow operates in the accounting category. Many product sets are still immature in Netflow visualizations.
- Committed detection times via monitoring (in most cases the customer tells you!)
- Committed repair time as this is a logistics issue.
- Committed restore times as this is a technology and system response metric.
- Committed recover time which is a committed process and restart procedure.